The perfect solution for your active child!FIT KIDS CERTIFICATION ages 8-12
• Available for members ages 8-12 years.
• Must be completed by children 8-12 in order to use Cardio and Resistance Training Equipment (excludes free
weight equipment). Children must wear their certification wrist band provided by the fitness department while
using the fitness equipment (if wrist band is lost please see the Fitness Department for a replacement).
• Fitness equipment use is restricted to Cardiovascular Equipment for children ages 8-10 years of age with a Fit
• Resistance training equipment (excludes free weight equipment) is available for Children 11-12 years with a Fit
• Parents or guardians must accompany child at all times unless child is participating in a specific supervised
program/event or is in the gym during designated “Open Gym” time as a Certified Fit Kid.
• Register by calling the Concierge Desk at 517.364.8800. This program is complimentary for all members.
POOLS & WET KIDS CERTIFICATION
• Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times in the pool areas unless
the child has a Wet Kids Certification.
• Children 8 – 12 years of age may use the outdoor pools during open swim time with a Wet Kids Certification.
• Wet Kids Certification: Children must be able to swim one length of the lap pool and be able to tread water for a
minute and demonstrate this to a lifeguard for the DOME and SUMMER seasons each year. This program is
complimentary for all members. (See any Lifeguard for details)
• Children must be signed in/out by parent/guardian with a lifeguard.