To ensure a successful program and maintain consistency between schools, the Feelin’ Good ® Mileage Club ® coordinators are required to meet the expectations outlined below. Please review these expectations thoroughly before enrolling your school.
BEFORE the program begins:
- Recruit a team of volunteers (parents, grandparents, teachers, students) to help you promote and facilitate the program.
- Promote the program to students, and encourage enrollment from Feb. 1 - 28, 2021.
- Designate a Mileage Club ® course for your students (1/4 mile recommended)
- Find a suitable area that offers good visibility for course supervisors and a safe walking environment.
- Accurately measure the course. A measuring wheel is available at Playmakers in Okemos (517.349.3803) or from Sparrow Health and Wellness (517.364.8141).
DURING the program:
- Record mileage on a weekly basis according to timeline provided.
- Distribute incentives using the guidelines below. Incentive levels MAY NOT be modified.
- One Toe Token ® = five miles (four max, per child)
- One water bottle = 20 miles (one per child)
- Run the program during published start/finish dates only.
AFTER the program:
To become a Mileage Club ® site:
Complete the online registration at SparrowMilesClub.com. The program is available to the first 150 schools in Clinton, Eaton, Gratiot, Ingham, Ionia, Livingston, Montcalm and Shiawassee counties that register between Dec. 1 - 31, 2020.
The coordinator (not a designee) must attend a one-hour orientation meeting. Dates and times for orientations are included in the online registration.