Sparrow Hospital - We have new opportunities that develop all the time. Here's a quick list of what is available and when you attend an interview, be sure to ask what is new.
With a few exceptions, summer teen volunteers will work a two hour shift.
- Summer Teen 8 West - Sparrow Specialty Hospital - Teen Volunteers that work in Sparrow Specialty Hospital will perform a variety of tasks which will assist management and nursing staff while ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Summer Teen Escorts - The Escorts assist the Transport staff with providing wheelchair assistance to patients and visitors.
- Summer Teen Fund Development/Sparrow Foundation - Assist with mailings, day-to-day office activities and events if available.
- Summer Teen Hospice - Teen Volunteers that work in Sparrow Hospice will work in the Business office where they will assist the clerical staff with the Medical Records for Hospice House and Home Hospice.
- Summer Teen Lobby Greeter - Volunteers serving as a lobby Greeter warmly welcomes visitors to Sparrow’s campus. He or she provides wheelchair and walking escort assistance to guests as needed to locations. In addition, he or she assists with questions, directions and helps to connect the guest with services as needed.
- Summer Teen Mother/Baby - Teen volunteers provide support to nursing staff by stocking supplies, setting up rooms, delivering juice and supplies to mothers, discharging patients and offering assistance to the staff in the Mother/Baby Center.
- Summer Teen Outpatient Care Unit (OPCU) - Phase II - Post-Op - Volunteers serving in the Outpatient Surgery Department provide assistance to patients, families and caregivers within the department. We are looking for people who are friendly, joyful, upbeat and able to engage in light conversation so our patients conclude their visit with a positive impression of Sparrow.
- Summer Teen Outpatient Endoscopy - Volunteers serving in the Outpatient Endoscopy Department provide assistance for patients, families and caregivers within the department.