Patients wishing to restrict visitors should speak with a member of their Care team.
Medical and Surgical Units
Suggested visiting hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Children may visit parents and grandparents when accompanied by an adult.
Parents/grandparents/guardians have unrestricted hours. All others: 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Special Care Unit
Immediate family and significant others: 24 hours a day based on patient’s condition. Patient’s children may visit when accompanied by an adult.
General Visitor Guidelines
- Anyone recently exposed to a communicable disease (such as chicken pox, measles and whooping cough) should not visit.
- No more than two visitors at a time.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during treatment or examinations.
- Smoking is not allowed in the hospital or on hospital grounds, including parking lots.
- Ask the patient’s care provider about dietary restrictions before bringing food or drink to a patient.
- In certain situations, it may be necessary to appoint a member of the family or a close friend as a spokesperson to disseminate information to other concerned family members and friends. This will facilitate communication between the patient’s family and care providers.