Sparrow’s Partial Hospitalization Program is designed to serve patients who seek intensive therapy and psychiatry services while returning to their own home each evening. Patients work in a warm and supportive environment to learn and develop new coping skills and to work through situations that prevent them from optimal functioning in their daily lives. Treatment takes place in a small group setting allowing patients to share experiences and support each other. We treat patients experiencing depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, personality disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and a variety of other issues as determined to be appropriate in an intake assessment. Additionally, substance abuse treatment is offered to those struggling with addiction as a secondary disorder.
Our staff includes a psychiatrist, a registered nurse, two fully licensed clinical social workers, and an activity therapist. While in the program, patients receive the following services:
- Medication management as appropriate and as determined by the psychiatrist
- Activity therapy including relaxation skills, stress reduction, and creative expression
- Educational classes on issues related to our patients’ treatment needs
- Daily group therapy led by clinical therapists
- Education on issues related to addiction
- Individual and family therapy as needed and on a limited basis
- Completion of documentation required by the patients’ employers
Patients typically participate in the Partial Hospitalization Program for one to two weeks, Monday through Friday, for approximately six hours each day. While in the program patients work with the psychiatrist to ensure medications are stable and work with the therapists to address issues identified on the patient’s individualized treatment plan. Additionally, participants develop a follow up plan for continuing mental health care after discharge from the program.
Admission to the program is through a scheduled outpatient evaluation with Sparrow’s Centralized Access Services. To schedule an appointment, please call (517) 364-3490.