Sparrow Senior Navigation Hub
Enhancing Quality of Life for Senior Patients and Their Families: Coming in 2020A program inspired by personal stories from local community members, Sparrow plans to launch a Senior Navigation Hub in early 2020. A Navigation Hub is meant to be a one-stop-shop to learn about clinical services, programs, obtain educational materials and access community resources. Based on best practice research, initial staffing for the Senior Navigation Hub will include a Resource Coordinator and Geriatric Patient Navigator.
Serving as a new and innovative proof of concept model, the Sparrow Population Health Service Organization (PHSO) has developed this program based on a foundation of 30 stakeholder interviews, including other nationally-recognized health systems, local community partners, current Sparrow Caregivers and engaged community members.
- The Resource Coordinator will be a resource that is available to the entire senior population to reach out to regarding general questions, access to community resources, and assistance navigating the Sparrow system.
- The Geriatric Patient Navigator will be an Registered Nurse that is dedicated to serving a small panel of patients as a “surrogate family member.” These services will be available at a self-pay rate, to remove barriers that exist with traditional insurance.
If you’re interested in learning more, or supporting the initiative please contact the Sparrow Foundation at 517.364.3533 or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are many ways to give, and the contribution you make today will have a lasting impact on the care we provide to our aging community members.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can benefit from the Navigation Hub’s services?
- Are you trying to keep a loved one as healthy and independent as possible in the most appropriate environment?
- Are you looking for resources and education related to aging?
Whether for yourself or a loved one, the Sparrow Navigation Hub can provide resources and access to individual services to best meet your needs, eliminating the confusing maze of information and simplifying the process for you.
How do I know what help is needed?
Sparrow Senior Health can provide you or your loved one with an assessment. These assessments should be performed before an injury or illness occurs. Planning can help to prevent accidents while making the home more comfortable.
What private-pay services are available?
Sparrow Senior Health provides the information you need to ensure that your loved one can live a high quality of life independently and safely. We offer:
- Geriatric Patient Navigation: This is a higher level of help for those persons who may lack nearby family or friends to help coordinate care, have multiple health issues, are confused or have memory loss, are unable to follow daily medication regiment, perform daily personal care, or find daily tasks impossible to complete.
- We can connect you with private caregivers who can accompany your loved one to appointments, fill out paperwork and pick up medication, all which provide you and your loved one with peace of mind.